Thursday, March 18, 2010

What? No more defense?

Well a day or two ago I was scrolling through the news on mmo-champion, when I saw a quote from Blizzard, talking about the new stat system in Cataclysm. As I read through, I saw stuff like...how they are editing strength and spirit and all that good stuff blah blah. But what I saw that really stuck out to me was, no more defense, no more defense cap, yay! :D

Me, being a slightly noobish fury/prot warrior(that never ever uses the prot spec), has been trying to gear up for maybe one day, actually using my prot spec and tanking some time. As I would go through heroics, and a tanking piece of gear would drop, I would just wait and ask if anyone needed it, if no one did I would say I was OS tank, and would take it. But, I could never get defense capped. I knew that before I should go tank I need to get defense capped. So I would look at gems, and enchants and all that crap, but I could never get my defense to 540. So I pretty much gave up on ever tanking.

But in the article I read the other day, Blizzard said they are taking away defense, to give people that arent defense capped, and people lie arms warriors, a chance to tank, to you know, spread the love....yeah whatever, but you get it. Not just, beasted out all epic prot warrior and such, will be the only ones that can tank a heroic, maybe I'll acually get the experience tanking something and decide what I like better?

-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment